- Relatively rare in South Africa
- Amazing fern and popular in AquaScaping
- Leaves grow in a split prong fashion – “Trident Fern”
- Epiphyte plant – DO NOT PLANT
- Attach to rocks and wood with cotton thread or gel superglue
Microsorum pteropus “Trident” is an uncommon Java fern variant probably originating from Sarawak (Borneo). It has feathery lobed leaves with approx. 2-5 lobes on each side. The central and the lateral lobes are very narrow, much like those of “Needle Leaf”.
Common Name: Java Fern Trident, Microsorum Pteropus
Java fern is one of the most popular aquarium plants in the hobby due to its beauty and easy care. They can grow in low light conditions and a wide range of water parameters.
Family Name: Polypodiaceae
Co2: Not Required
Propagation: Separate by Rhizome
Growth rate: Slow to Moderate
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.