Snow Powder is nothing else but a Snowflake Powder. Instead providing it to you in pellet format we at NatureBoys decided to give you a product that you can actually measure according to your shrimp needs.
Acclimation of your shrimp:
We use the rule of three (3)
- One part is their water that we send them in and 2 parts is your tank water.
Drip Acclimation Tools:
- Small tupperware bowl or something similar
- Plastic cup or aquarium airline hose
- Shrimp or fish net
- Airline tubing
Removing Shrimp from the Bag:
If you received your shrimp in a breather bag you’ll want to place the bag directly inside the tupperware. Make sure to not pour the shrimp out because they may get stuck inside the bag.
- With your scissors, cut the side of the bag, starting from the top. This will let the water pour out the bag and the bag will remain inside the bowl with the shrimp.
- Carefully remove the shrimp that remained behind in the bag. You can also dip the bag in the water to achieve this.
- Your shrimp should now be inside the tupperware.
Using airline tubing to acclimate:
- Allow water to drip into the tupperware with shrimp at 2 – 3 drops per second. Apply the rule of 3 here, One part existing water from shrimp bag and 2 parts your existing tank water. Dripping should take 1 hour to complete. We believe that dripping shrimp for hours on end creates more stress and can harm your newly purchased critters.
- Once the water in the tupperware is mainly tank water you can safely introduce your shrimp to your tank.
- We have had a 100% success rate with the above method.